Monday, October 19, 2009

Please, no one else die for a long time.

A few weeks ago Addie was playing with a rectangular tin. After looking it over for a minute she said, "look Mom. It's a casket."

It made me chuckle, but it also made me think that she should not even know that yet.

Then while doodling with her Aunt Annie the other day she drew this number:

I overheard this conversation:

"Annie, a casket looks like this." She then proceeded to draw a rectangle.

"Here, let's put a human in it."

5 comments:

Yvette said...

Sorry that she has had to experience that event too many times this last year. Love Vet

RPH said...

Your family has been thru a lot.

I do have to say this though: last year Andys grandma died and some of his family would not come to the viewing, then that same family had such a hard time at the funeral, their kids were so freaked out. They did not get out of the car at the cemetery either.

I think it is a good thing that your kids are able to understand small aspects of death. Although no one likes it when it happens, it is nothing to be afraid of.

The Varo's said...

that is so sad kobie!

Ashby said...

Am I a horrible person for laughing out loud at this post?! That last sentence was the real kicker for me. I love that girl!

What a year for you guys!

Wendy said...

Wow! So cute and so horrible at the same time! I agree, the last line is a kicker!