
Lately I have done a lot of reading about my Great-Grandma Barbara Lorena Tietjen. As a little girl I always admired her. I have only a few very vivid memories of her as she died when I was in Kindergarten. One memory I have is she when she was sitting in a chair at my Grandma's house (her daughter) and all of the little kids were gathered around her. I can picture her face and hair. She always had really long hair that she braided and wrapped into a bun. I always remember feeling very good in her presence. Even as a little girl I could recognize that there was something special about her.
Because of that I have always held her up on a very high pedestal. But, in reading stories about her it has made her so "normal" to me. I still feel she is special, but she was a mom, a woman, a wife , a sister, a friend and more...just like me. It's been fun to read about the things that she did with her kids. She was so involved. I feel like I do a pretty good job of playing with my girls and doing fun things with them, but she puts me to shame! She would drop everything to play with them at anytime. I'm still working on perfecting that one.
She also loved to have fun, was always singing, she wasn't afraid of anything, was kind and giving and so many more things that I admire. As I have been reading I have learned that I have a lot to live up to! She

0 comments:
Post a Comment