Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Part 4- Mesa Verde

We took one last long detour on our way home. This time we visited the Mesa Verde Indian Ruins. Before leaving the cabin we were visiting with a neighbor who told us that we would really enjoy it and that it's not too far off the highway. Ha! It was one of the longest drives I have ever taken. I thought we would never make it. My girls started watching The Little Mermaid on the way up and about half way back down it was over. And I'm not one to get car sick but the road winded so much that I started to feel like I was going to have the pukes.

Once we finally got there imagine my disappointment when I saw this:
I seriously felt like "we drove all the way for this!? That little tiny ruin?" I stared for a minute and then turned around and saw this:
It was huge! See the little tiny people down there? I couldn't believe how enormous it was.

Overlooking Cortez, Colorado.

Soon enough it was time to head home. It was a great vacation and I am so glad that we took the time to stop along the way and enjoy. Bluewater will always be my favorite part, but each mile will be remembered.

3 comments:

RPH said...

take me with you next time you go there. It looks so pretty! I would love to see those ruins in person.

and HOLY TOLEDO on the candy! Are you sure you didnt get a diamond ring in there too?! That is some pricey candy!!

The Varo's said...

so pretty! what a fun family trip for you guys. $15 candy? yikes!

Jennifer Larson said...

I meant to ask you how your trip went but forgot. I looks and sounds like you had a great time. It must have been amazing getting to talk with your aunt.