Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Part 3- Vallecito Lake & Durango

Friday morning we took a quad ride. Pretty much the most stressful part of the whole trip. I feel like I am a pretty decent rider but Jared led us on quite an adventure. Our "quick ride" (his words) turned into a two hour ride that just about killed me. We went up and down, over and around, up steep hills and down muddy ones. I was trying to drive with Kimber and between trying to keep her in place, maneuvering around fallen trees, and trying to stay calm after seeing two sets of bear tracks, I was happy when it was over. Sorry, no pictures. I was too busy trying not to hurt someone.

On Friday we headed to town to pick up a few things to help restock the cabin and decided to enjoy downtown Durango for a little while. We visited a few stores but the hit for the girls was Fuzziwig's Candy Factory. We let them conservatively fill bags with candy like Reese's, Gummy Bears and worms, Hot Tamales...nothing special or out of the ordinary. Jared also put a few things in a bag for himself and I grabbed five cinnamon bears and one Andes Mint. Can you imagine my shock when the cashier told me our total was $15.53 for 1.44 pounds of candy? I could have gone to Wal Mart and bought WAY more of the same brands of candy for a lesser amount. I'm still trying to get over it.

On our way home we took a drive through the small of Vallecito and then to the lake. There wasn't much to see, especially for me since I slept for most of it. We did manage to snap a quick family picture though.

Back at the cabin the girls enjoyed lounging around and doing their puzzles. We also played games and watched movies.
On Saturday we went for a much less adventurous ride before winterizing the cabin, since we are the last ones to visit for the year. We drove up to long meadow and enjoyed the view for a little while. Man, things are much prettier before winter starts to roll around.

2 comments:

Newman Family said...

I love all the pictures. You guys are so cute!

Ashby said...

Wow, you guys had a FULL weekend! And look at the snow in Durango! Craziness. Looks like you guys had a good time. Wish we could have gone with you!