The weather has been perfect for the most part so we have been spending countless hours outside. We usually have a picnic and spend the rest of the day outside enjoying. The girls play to their little hearts content and I lounge on the swinging chair reading family history books. I've been studying up on my Great Grandma Tietjen. More to come on that.
On Tuesday we jumped in the truck and drove to Colorado. Note to self: try to avoid the Thoreau way. Way too bumpy with an empty horse trailer. I thought I was going to start bleeding internally.
Wednesday we spent the morning trying to round up three very stubborn cows.
Our purpose in going was to pick up 6 cows for Jared's Dad. They have been grazing there for a few months and it was time to bring them home. (If you call the butcher home.) They had only been able to round up three and the other ones must have known what their destiny was. Needless to say, we came home with three and will head back in a few weeks to get the others. They headed to the top of a mountain and it would have been too much work to get them down.
Wednesday afternoon we headed home. I had forgotten what an ugly drive it is through the reservation. Another note to self: Travel at night. The view isn't so bad when everything is black.
Since it was such a short trip I only took a few pictures.
The leaves had changed and the view was beautiful!

The girls loved riding the four wheelers while we were looking for the cows! That was until I stopped abruptly and Kimber hit her lip on the handlebar, cutting it open.
On Thursday Heather called me and said that Doug had to come up for work so her and Kennedy were going to jump in with him and spent Friday with us. We stayed up late that night after they arrived watching The Office and totally not laughing. It was a pretty disappointing one.On Friday we let the girls play their little hearts out. Of course they had to have a fashion show, we had a picnic and also visited the Pumpkin Patch. It didn't officially open until today, but the nice people let us in anyway. Anything to sell overpriced pumpkins, right? Either way, the girls had a ball!

Don't get me started-

My girls just love Kennedy so it was really fun to have her. In fact Addie just saw a picture of her and said, "I just love Kennedy. She makes me feel so special."Today- finished one more project. Remember this?
It now looks like this:
7 comments:
cute pictures of the girls and that thing heather is holding? is it a giant cucumber? oh and i love your new and improved bench, so much cuter!
lickami, lickayou...hahaha
What is that gigantic thing? a squash or something?
Love all the pictures. Especially all the trees. Cute pics of your girls too, they are adorable.
Way to go on the new finished project, it looks great! Where are you using it?
Cute pics, looks like fall.
I just barely posted too about life being busy! Sometimes I feel like my head is spinning!
And oh how I miss Colorado! I haven't been there in ages. The leaves are beautiful!
We miss you guys! You coming down soon?!
I love the fall pictures. Your bench looks great I meant to tell you when I was at your house.
kobes, teach me how to restore things!! email me!! your girls are absolutely beautiful!! that casket was just gorgeous for your gma!! i love that u r healthy. do u know we r in ut now? lets get tog!!
btw, you saiid the next time u were going to CO, u were going to take me...oh and we r not in ut, i dont know what kind of crack i was on...i meant idaho
Post a Comment