Monday, October 30, 2017

Snacks

I am a big time snacker.  In fact I've discovered that I'd rather snack than have a meal.  Because of that I am always on the hunt for a yummy snack.  Here are some of my favorites.

Honey Vanilla Greek Yogurt with berries.  Easy and yum!


Roasted Vegetables.  I love to roast a variety of veggies then eat them over a period of a few days.  Some of my favorite vegetables to combine together are: brussel sprouts, broccoli, red onion, zucchini, cauliflower and red bell pepper.  Really, the possibilities are limitless.  I just cap everything up, drizzle with olive oil and add some flavor like salt and pepper or Italian seasoning.  400 degrees and 15 minutes later and you have a healthy and yummy snack.

Talenti Gelato.  I've eyeballed this for a long time but never felt like I could justify the price.  After hearing about it on a podcast I talked myself into spending almost $5 on a pint.  It's very indulgent so you get satisfaction out of a single bite.


Sliced tomatoes with salt and pepper.  It's easy as 1-2-3!  Sliced tomatoes are also super yummy with graded parmesan or sliced mozzarella cheese.
Steamed edamame.  I love these steamable bags- toss one in the microwave and in three minutes you a have a  healthy snack.


We don't eat Kettle Corn often, but when we do it's a fun treat.  Sweet but salty...mmmmm!

Speaking of popcorn, I came across this stuff a few years ago and got hooked!  I'm glad it's a seasonal product and that it's not carried at a store near me!

I only eat cinnamon bears about once a year, but when I do I totally enjoy the heck out of them!

Even better?  Chocolate covered cinnamon bears!

Me and my kids love love love frozen grapes!  They taste like candy but they're actually good for you.  Just pull your grapes off of the vine, throw them on a sheet pan, flash freeze them, then add handful size amounts to ziplocks bags.  Store them in the freezer for a quick-on-the-go-snack.

0 comments: