Sunday, October 22, 2017

My Beehives

L to R: Nakai, Trinity, Rylie, Kailie, me, Lori, Brylee, Rilee, Addie, Stephanie and Serena.

Before I was called to work with the Beehives I was serving as an Activity Days leader.  Things were going well, I was happy with my partner and I loved the flexibility.  One day out of the blue, I was consumed with thoughts of mutual activity ideas and concern for the Beehives, girls I knew well because I had had them in Activity Days.  I thought it was odd but was then overcome with the feeling that I would be their next leader.  It came as no surprise when Jared approached me a few days later and asked what I thought about serving in Young Women.  Logistically it wouldn't be easy for our family but I knew it was where I needed to be.  And boy, how I have loved it!

In the past year, I have seen a few of the girls move into Mia Maids and have also welcomed a few new ones into Beehives, including Addie.  I never thought a group of 12 and 13-year-old girls could have such a big piece of my heart!  The friendships I have made with the girls have been so rewarding.  One of them recently came to me with a serious life problem and poured her heart out to me.  As good of a relationship I feel we have already had, I don't think she would have come to me if we had not strengthened that through Young Women.

We've had so many opportunities to bond, it's been incredible.  No matter how their lives turn out I hope they will know that Sister Hatch loves them and will always be there- a constant in their lives they can always return to.

Serena brought her phone to mutual one evening just so she could take a picture with me.


Me, Rylie, Trinity, and Serena.   

These cute sisters deserve a post all their own.  One afternoon they surprised me with this candygram.  I don't know why they show me so much love but I am thankful they do!  They randomly show up at my house for a visit and it's always so pleasant.  The other night they showed up for a visit.  Serena mentioned that she was wearing slippers because of an ingrown toenail.  It was long before Jared was down at her foot digging out one of the biggest and worst ingrown toenails we have ever seen!  I'm not sure if Jared liked me giving him the job, but we do tease him for being good at removing ingrown toenails.  And Serena has been happy and pain-free ever since!


0 comments: