I've waxed poetic about Happier with Gretchen Rubin. Her sister and co-host, Elizabeth, reminds me of myself. She doesn't want to overcommit herself or take on too much. I love her realistic point of view on life.
I recently stumbled upon Young House Love Has a Podcast. It's a new favorite! It's easy to listen to and John and Sherry offer fun and realistic solutions for everything from decorating to what to have available for house guests to date night ideas.
The Simple Show gives a lot of food for thought. It's made me really think about the things I say yes and no to in my life. Tsh and a variety of co-hosts offer simple ideas to make life easier. Today I listened to their podcast on road tripping and got some great ideas! I will definitely be downloading the Roadtrip America app next time we take a trip!
I definitely don't have an entrepreneurial bone in my body but I do like listening to stories about those who do. How I Built This is great because Guy Raz, the host, interviews the person behind big companies, companies you don't really think have a "story." One of my favorite episodes is with Herb Kelleher, the founder of Southwest Airlines. It's such a huge company that you don't naturally think about its built-from-the-ground-up story.
I would never claim to be a great writer. I type fast and often sloppy. But, I am a word nerd. The Grammar Girl podcast is a goldmine of information about proper punctaion usage, spelling, grammer, etc. Did you know that America is the only country that says "Legos" instead of "Lego"? Just a little Grammar Girl nugget.
I kind of hesitate to share The Lazy Genius podcast because I haven't listened to very many episodes, but so far what I have heard deserves two thumbs up! It seems like Kendra (an occasional co-host on The Simple Show) gets "it". She knows that life is busy and that people will often take the path of least resistance. She practically leads the way! And I am happy to follow.




0 comments:
Post a Comment