Reality hit when I called the Elementary school yesterday to ask when Kindergarten registration begins. I thought that surely had until mid-summer to get the process started. I was so surprised when she told me registration began on April 13th and that testing will start mid-May.
Addie has been more excited about going to Kindergarten than just about anything in her short 5 years. I'm excited for her, but feel like it's time to face the facts and that what people say might really happen to me. "Once they get into school, time goes so fast and before you know it, they're graduating."
Lately I have come to realize that Addie is growing up and is enjoying more "mature for a five year old" things. She loves her privacy, enjoys picking out her own clothes, loves to accessorize, and pretending to be an adult.
The other day she surprised me when she said "Mom, this french toast is delicious. And so complex."
She's just not a baby anymore. She's a little girl who is growing up so fast.
2 comments:
We're doing kindergarten reg. for Grant this week, too. I can't believe it!
It won't go as fast as you think, but you will definitely see her grow a lot over the course of the next year. It's really exciting to watch.
My only complaint is not being able to up and leave to go places whenever we want for fear she'll miss too many days of school. *sigh*
Other than that kindergarten is a BIG year for you both!
Post a Comment