Friday, April 30, 2010

Confessions

This pregnancy has been so enjoyable and with the exception of the morning all day sickness thing, it's been great.  I can deal with the swollen feet at the end of the day and I've come to accept the fact that this tiredness is going to last long after this pregnancy is over.


Having said that I have a few confessions to make.

*Almost everyday I lay down and take a power nap.  My friend recently told me that when she was pregnant someone told her that being pregnant is like running a marathon everyday.  Amen to that!

*This is the first pregnancy that I have ever had a craving.  For the first few weeks it was shrimp (which I normally hate!) and beef.  Lately it's been Cinnamon Toast Crunch cereal.  (Go ahead and gag!) I bought a box a few weeks ago and have eaten a few bowls randomly as a snack.  Boy, will I be glad when that one passes.

*And speaking of cravings (I tend to think of these as exaggerations since they are things I already enjoy), there isn't enough string cheese or french toast in the universe to hit the spot for me.

*I pass on all prenatal screening tests and most recently it was the Gestational Diabetes test.  My Dr. simply told me that I need to be cautious about the amount of sugar that I eat (he said it's the same advice he would give whether or not I took the test.  So thankful for a supportive Dr.!).  At my appointment yesterday he once again cautioned me.  I didn't tell him that all I want is sugar!  I could eat it by the spoonful.

*I let myself take it easy.  I know that this sounds ridiculous, but it's really hard for me to sit still for too long.  I've gotten to the point where at the end of the day if I'm tired, the dishes can wait until tomorrow morning.  That's only happened a few times, but when it does, I've learned to not let it bother me.  Most times....

*I have LOVED being pregnant during a different season.  Since my girls are two years apart, almost to the day, I endured two winter pregnancies.  I hated it!  I hated having to wear uncomfortable jeans and bulky clothes.  I love to throw on a t-shirt and shorts.  I'm saying this a little prematurely since we've only had  a few "t-shirt and shorts" days, but I enjoy them to the fullest!

*This picture sums up one of the best parts of all of this for me.  My girls love to help out and this is one of my favorite ways they do it.  Lotion up!


I've got 10 more weeks to enjoy this and that is just what I plan on doing.

3 comments:

Newman Family said...

Love the tummy! So cute!

RPH said...

10 weeks!? where has the time gone?

You look adorable. Love that belly.

Ashby said...

Can't wait to see you tomorrow!