When I look back and think of the best friends that I had growing up I think of girls like Darcy Ray who lived right behind me. We've been friends since before Kindergarten. I think of Tara Phillips, together we started a club at Harris Elementary. I also think of Mandy Burrell and Alyssa Walker. And through my teenage years I think of Monica Villareal and Gina Frost.
The saddest part of that list is that not one of my sisters is included. We should have been best friends. I mean who can you have more in common with than your own sisters? But sadly it took us years to truly appreciate each other. (With the exception of you, Annie. I've always had a special place for you. I mean, we were inseparable! Just 13 years apart.)
So when I see my girls playing so well and truly enjoying each other it makes me so happy. Yesterday morning I was enjoying the peace and quiet when I heard the girl's bedroom door shut. That was followed by talking and laughing. It went on for a while before Kimber finally came out and said that Addie had been reading to her. They had crawled into bed together and enjoyed a few books.
I watched them all day as they laughed and played, made messes and mischief. While I was making dinner Kimber had made a bed one of the cupboards. Addie wasn't too far behind and helped out by emptying the whole thing out and making sure that Kimber was comfortable.
Later that night after baths I sat on Addie's bed and watched them rearrange the furniture in the Barbie house.
And without being prompted Addie started lifting Kimber and making her laugh.
As I was looking through the pictures I was going to use with this post Kimber walked by, saw that one and said, "Mom, I wuv Addie."





2 comments:
BOY! You are lucky!
I wish that was the case with my boys. Some days, I am certain they are going to kill each other!
I'm glad I made your friend list! You and Monica will always be the top of mine. I don't have any sisters so I consider you mine!
Post a Comment