Addie couldn't get over how big the place was! I told her that it was a lot bigger than ours and when she saw it all she could say was, "you're right Mom, it's huge!"
The only regret that I have is that we didn't take flowers. We were in a rush to get there and see everything that I let it slip through the cracks.
We first stopped off at my Great-Grandpa and Grandma Norton's graves but unfortunately the ground in their area had just been irrigated so we didn't get to see them. Next we headed towards the Richardson's.
Here are Kennedy and Addie at my Uncle LeRoy's (my Dad's brother) grave.
He died the same day he was born.

Little Kimbie at my Great-Grandpa and Grandma
Richardson's grave. Ironically, he died exactly 10 years, to the day, before I was born. They were wonderful people who left the Richardson family with a great legacy. If your last name is Richardson and you have never heard the phrase "What will you do with our name?" then I question your relationship.
And this is one of the best parts for Addie. She got to see the headstone of one of the people that she is named after. Addie was pretty excited and when I showed her that Wendy was an actual person, it brought it all full circle for her.
We also stopped off at the grave of my friend Stephanie Hise. I was pleased to see that since the last time I was there, she now has a gorgeous headstone. One of these days I will have to write about Stephanie and what a good-hearted person she was. I am sure that my Anasazi Friends know just what I mean.
We also stopped off at the grave of my friend Stephanie Hise. I was pleased to see that since the last time I was there, she now has a gorgeous headstone. One of these days I will have to write about Stephanie and what a good-hearted person she was. I am sure that my Anasazi Friends know just what I mean.


1 comments:
Oh Stephanie...I am so glad you stopped by to see her. What a great person. She drew us a picture for our wedding and every time I look at it, I remember her kind heart.
I loved President Monsons talk about death and the resurrection.
Post a Comment