Sunday, February 8, 2009

Feeling Grateful

I read about a family's journey over the last 2 weeks tonight and just wanted it share it with everyone. Start here so you can read exactly what is going on. After that go here to read on.

I'm feeling grateful for the health of my family tonight, especially my girls.

Ironic after the day we've had. They say things happen in 3's. My Dad and Grandma went to the hospital together today and my sister has Impetigo.Check Spelling Thankfully my sister's condition is very treatable. My Dad has a 5 mm kidney stone and was happy to go home after he was doped up on Morphine. He's hilarious when he is on pain meds. We're still praying that my Grandma can get better and come home soon. Looong story short, a low white blood count would be 37, her's was 0.9 this afternoon. They also found a spot on her lungs that they are going to try and diagnose.

And yet, I am still thankful.

3 comments:

Newman Family said...

We hope everyone is well soon!

Newman Family said...

Okay, I posted that comment before I read Cora's story. Sometimes I feel overwhelmed when I have hard things to deal with, especially lately while Ashlynn has pneumonia and when things are rough with Grant's autism spectrum disorder, but Cora's story puts it all in perspective. I still have my sweet children and a very blessed life. Today and everyday I'll remember to thank Heavenly Father for that!

The Varo's said...

This all just makes me want to hold my babies a little tighter and a little longer. We all have so much to be thankful for.