Tuesday, February 17, 2009

20 Minutes and 48 Cents

Is all it took for me to make this:

That's right! I made my own laundry detergent. Some might call it cheap but I call resourceful.

I have been wanting to do it for a long time but just never got around to it. After my friend Raygon made it and had good results I decided it was time to try. (Not to mention I am very low on detergent right now.)

Seriously, it hardly took anytime at all and not even two quarters. All you need is Felts Naptha (I used Zote) soap, washing soda and Borax. I've had the Borax in my cupboard so all I needed was the soap and washing soda. It was so simple.

And if you do want to make it and you don't already have the Borax in your cupboard than I am sorry it say, it might cost you closer to a dollar to make it. No seriously, you can't beat it!

If you are seriously interested, go here.

4 comments:

RPH said...

YEA YEA YEA for you Kobie Jo! It is so easy, huh? and I can not believe how good it works. I was skeptical and thought because it was cheap it might not work. I was wrong!
Heads up: because of the consistency, it wont come out of your tide container.

The Merkleys said...

I have been thinking about doing this and you have just inspired me, I am going to give it a try. Thanks!

Ashby said...

But the real question is....

Does your husband know yet?!

I just went and checked out that site, and I think I might have to give it a try.....well after I finish off our new thing of Tide we bought from Costco this weekend.

KJH said...

Ashby- believe it or not I just told him the other day and to my suprise he was more impressed than anything. I had to make sure I washed enough loads without him noticing before I said anything.

Mission accomplished!

(BTW everyone, Jared is a Tide-only guy. In case you were wondering.)