I know that I keep posting about my time in the Valley and about my Mother in law's death, but I want to document these things so that our family can remember. Plus, I want to do it while it is still fresh on my mind.
Believe it or not, Jared and his brothers (with some help from their cousin) made this.

They said that their Mom's proudest moment would have been when they walked into JoAnn Fabric's to pick out the lining. They are probably right!

It took about 100 man hours to complete and they did it in two days.
Jared said that is was such a pretty thing to put in the ground and cover with dirt, but that his Mom didn't deserve anything else but the very best.
Jared said that is was such a pretty thing to put in the ground and cover with dirt, but that his Mom didn't deserve anything else but the very best.
Every single piece was made by hand, with the exception of the hinge of course.
Not that it really makes a difference, but it is really cushy and comfy! I pressed on it with my hand but Jared actually got it in and closed the lid. That's where I draw the line!
4 comments:
Thank you for putting into word our experiences. Love Vet
Wow, what a beautiful coffin! They did an amazing job. Not exactly sure how I feel about Jared climbing in and closing the lid.....
Thanks for all the posts on Marlene's last few moments and after her passing. It has been so touching to read!
I am very impressed. They did a fantastic job in such little time.
WOW! That is impressive!
Post a Comment