I always get my girls help me cook and they love it. Kimber is still learning but still enjoys being a part of the action. Yesterday I let her work on the cucumber with a butter knife.
I usually leave the salad making up to Addie. She loves to cut things so it's the perfect job for her.

Even though my tomatoes might get man-handled
and my cucumbers pieces might all be a different size,
I never say a word. I just tell her that it's the yummiest salad I have ever seen.
That only lasted a few jabs before I confiscated the knife and replaced it with a spoon and a Jell-o.
Even though my tomatoes might get man-handled
After she was all done she said, "Mom, does this salad look cute?" Cute might not be the right word to most people, but to me it is.
(Please pardon the look on her face. Kinda creepy.)
5 comments:
i can't wait to play in the kitchen with liahona and levu. your girls are so cute!
oh, and hallelujah!
i am so glad you put up a new post so those awful pictures of us get bumped down...
You are the nicest mom ever! I'm always kicking my girls out of the kitchen. Can I take lessons? How much do you charge?
Yea for you Kobie! I love that she asked if it was cute!
By the way, check your e mail, I finally got the information on the undelete program if you still need it.
Your patience astounds me. I always think that it'll be fun to cook together and then 1/2 through I want to scream. Today I let Addison brown all the ground beef, but that's only because Olivia was busy coloring (away from the kitchen)! This post makes me want to TRY harder to patient. Thanks.
I love that you let your girls "help." Some of my favorite childhood memories are ones spent with my Mother as I "helped" her. As I got older I realized I more than likely created more work for her, but I always loved how important she made me feel and how she made my contributions seem significant. =)
Post a Comment