Sunday, January 11, 2009

I can't believe I am about to do this

Yesterday was my good friend, Monica's birthday. It got me thinking about how long we have known each other and about all of the good times we have had. We've been good friends since I was about 12 and she was 13, although we've known each other longer than that.

We have done some insane things, funny things, wild things, stupid things... you name it, we've done it. We would say that we were "Partners In Crime" and I'm pretty sure that phrase was appropriate. We also claimed to have telepathic abilities. One time she "sent" the name of a certain person to me to show our other friends that we could do it. Thankfully they didn't catch on that she more or less gave me enough hints to guess it and get it right. But we fooled them. I also can't tell you how many times we have watched "The Sandlot" or how many times we watched Oprah (back when she was more appropriate) over the phone. Or how many times we would be on the phone with each other, put in the same movie and get our VCR's to play both movies simultaniously. Those were the days.

Now, to show her how much I love her, I am going to embarrass myself just as much as I am going to embarrass her. For every incriminating picture of her, there will be one of me.

Now to prove our insanity.
I don't even remember the story behind this. Thank goodness.
This is when were helping our "triplet" pick out her wedding dress. While Gina had the store owner distracted, we took over. So stupid.


This is what I can't believe I am doing, I can't believe I am about to share the following pictures. I'm pretty sure we promised each other we would put these in a vault and bury them in the center of the earth. Sorry Monica, I didn't keep my promise.

I'm not sure which is worse, my outfit, my shoes or the fact that we even agreed on these poses! We split these proofs and I believe there is also one out there where we are on the phone with each other. That was probably very appropriate. But honestly, did we not have the good sense to tell the photographer to get a clue!?

Now these ones are solely for Monica's entertainment. I am not about to disclose the story behind these. And don't worry, we didn't really wear make up this heavy. It was all part of the plan.

There are many more where those came from but I'm stopping here. I can't bear it anymore. The rest of the pictures (and including the originals of the ones used here) will now go into that vault I should have invested in a long time ago.

Now I know that it looks like all we did was goof around but we had also had many cherished moments. She has been a true friend and one that I know is always there. In many of my darkest, saddest or loneliest moments, she has been there. For example, at Marlene's visitation to my complete and utter surprise, in walked Monica. She was just there to give me a hug and see me for a quick minute, but that minute proved our friendship.

I love ya, Monica! And Happy Belated Birthday!

4 comments:

The Varo's said...

oh gosh. i just threw up a little in my mouth.

KJH said...

I think I lost my dinner in the process.

Kimberly said...

Hahaha. OMG I don't even know Monica, but I can imagine the antics you two were about. I love incriminating pictures as long as they aren't of me. This is good stuff. Thanks for the laughs.

Lyndsay Winters said...

I love Monica! If it makes you feel better, I have much more embarrassing pics with Monica that mostly include us in swimsuits...and we were older but obviously not wiser! Your pictures are classic. Cherish them!