Addie had her fifth birthday last Friday. Her and Kimber were able to have their first friend party and it was a total success. Jared and I both agreed that for having 13 kids, ages 2-5, it really wasn't bad at all. We fed them pizza, played games and had cake. I kept it at 90 minutes and it was just the right amount of time. I totally neglected to take very many pictures because I was too busy with kids the whole time, but overall we all had a good time.
After Addie had breakfast on Friday we gave her her first present, a new bike. She has outgrown the 12 inch wheels and has graduated to 16 inches. She loves it! And later that day while baking I let her open another gift, a new apron. She requested a front pocket so that she could play waitress and keep her tab in it. She was so happy! (Sheesh, where are the pictures!?)
After the party she finally got to open the rest of her presents. Here are a few-
An electric toothbrush. Kimber got one for her birthday as well. This has been the hit of the century around here!
What would a birthday be with out the classic junk food box? Addie was just a few of her favorite treats that she rarely gets, Reeses, York Peppermint Patties and some sugarfree bubble gum. I normally try not to overload my kids with these kinds of treats, but it's a family tradition. I'm proud to say that it wasn't all immediately devoured and we still have some left. Makes me feel like I am getting teaching her something good.
This girl loves headbands! Her favorite one broke and is only left with a black one and a white one. These aren't my favorite but they'll do for now. Plus, she's happy.
I love the look on her face here. It was a genuine look of surprise and excitement.
A CTR ring! And a real one too! Not a bendable one that leaves a black ring on your finger. One of the best things this Mom has ever thought of.
Addie hasn't stopped talking about her birthday since Friday. Just today she said "that was the best birthday."
Glad you like it, Add.





3 comments:
Looks like a great birthday. She'll remember
Happy birthday Addie!
my birthday is coming up. I am going to request a junk food box. That would be the greatest.
She is such a cute little girl. Happy birthday Addie!
Post a Comment