After Church we had a delicious dinner and then took a few family pictures. We had this great spot picked out and then because of the rain we had to settle for the sidewalk in front of the house. It was still good to finally all be back together for the first time in years. We're missing one brother-in-law but this is what we ended up with-
We also took one of just the siblings-
I had to include this picture. I'm not even sure who took it, but I am glad they did. This is a good family friend, Ed Voss, telling my little brother Brigham a story.
Our family loves the Vosses. What you have to know is that Ed is a Vietnam Vet. He is a Navy Seal who is the toughest guy you will ever meet. You wouldn't believe some of the stories he has. He is also the sweetest guy. He genuinely cares about our family and believe me, you want him on your side! A while back, before my parent's sold their business, my Mom took care of all of the accounts payable and receivable. Well, one day a guy got nasty with my Mom and disrespected her. Somehow Ed caught wind of it and went to that guy and set him straight. Let me just say that my Mom never had problems with him again.
After dinner and pictures it was time to party! Kimber loved her presents and had a great time opening them.

I love this picture. I have been meaning to make Kimber a new apron but just never got around to it. So instead i wrapped up the material and planned on explaining to her that I would make her one when we got home. The material was more than enough to get her excited!
She was pretty disappointed when she pulled out this headband. It came with the pajamas that she was getting but she all she pulled out of the bag was this. She wasn't sure what to do with it or what it was for. I finally had to convince her to look in the bag one more time. I think I have talked before about my family's blanket present tradition. You always get one last present that is wrapped in a blanket. It's generally something that is difficult to wrap. Kimber was a little confused and tried to untie the knots on the blanket before I showed her that she needed to open it up.
She finally caught on-
And....Viola!
This bat and ball has been the best money I have spent in a long time, by the way.
About a month ago Kimber began requesting a blue birthday cake-
Ask and ye shall receive-
She also requested a cat. She did not receive.










4 comments:
So fun! You look great by the way. I cant believe she is 3 already? Where does the time go?
Those are really good family pictures! I love them!
cute family pics. i saw your mom and allie at the salon on saturday. too bad you weren't with them! i miss you sister! happy late birthday kimber!
Awwww, Happy BIrthday Kimber! Dang these girls are growing way too fast! And I can't believe Addie is 5 today. Sheesh. Like Marv used to always say, we need to start putting bricks on their head so they'll stay little.
Post a Comment