If you know me at all, you know that I hate watching movies. HATE! When I was younger and someone would ask me on a date, I was always nervous that they would make me watch a movie. If they told me we would be, it would take everything in me to keep from running the other direction. Fast.
I have never liked it and I still don't enjoy it. I don't like going to the theater, I don't like watching them at home, there is just no pretty way to do it.
I think that Jared wishes he would have known that little fact about me before we got married. We watched a few (I must have been in some serious love!) and I guess I had him fooled. Now he begs to watch something and I just can't bring myself to sit down and watch something. Every few months I will watch something just to make him happy, although I usually end up asleep.
But yesterday was different.
My sister, Heather, told me about the new movie UP. She ranted and raved about it and I decided "what the heck!?" And off we went, along with my other sister, Bethany.
And you know what? The movie was cute and I even laughed a few times. My girls did a pretty good job sitting still, all things considered.
In short- I survived.
So our anniversary will be here in a few weeks and I think I may give Jared one of the greatest gifts ever. A trip to the movie theater. Now that I know it won't kill me.
9 comments:
I never knew you held such distain for a movie!
Glad you finally braved one.
The Office is about all the entertainment I can handle. Just a quick 30 minutes and it is over!!
I bet the girls had a blast!
And I'm still planning on watching your girls for a night so you two can go have fun!
You are hilarious, Kobie. I didn't know you hated movies that much. I do remember you and Monica having to leave the theater during Cast Away.
i never knew that about you! im kind of the same way in a way. id rather be doing something else. or if im doing that, then i have to be doing something productive along the way. good to know abt the movie up. ill have to take my boys. im glad im not the only loser who hasnt gone to the movies as much with her husband. although, that doesnt constitute us as losers right? we just bought a townhome, so sorry ive been a slacker. love ya!
I'm sure I scarred Monica for life. For anyone who is wondering, in the very beginning where all of the turbulance happens I threw up everywhere! Food poisioning and Cast Away...not a good mix.
Sorry Monica. Did you ever finish it? I did about 4 years later.
Hahahaha! You timed that throwing up perfectly, I don't think anyone else in the theater knew you were sick because of all the noise from the movie.
Eventually I finished the movie, but not that night...
And I think it was MY green chile that made you sick, right? Sorry about that.
Yes, it was your green chile from the Christmas Party at work. But to this day I will still swear that your family makes the best green chile ever! I was just thinking about it recently and have been craving it ever since!
Hahaha! My mom just made some yesterday for Beau's blessing. Her green chile is lots better than mine, she doesn't put poison in hers like I do...
Kobie Jo! I hate movies too! And Davey does the exact same thing, begging me and wondering how he missed the signs back when I watched a few during our courtship. I usually say I'd rather stare at a blank wall than watch a movie. I'll have to check out UP though, since YOU "raved" about it. :)
Post a Comment