Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Saturday...really fast

Everything about Saturday was fast. My sister and I made a quick trip to the Valley for my little brother, Taylor's high school graduation. We left about 6:30 am, hurried down, spent a little time with family, hurried over to ASU for the massive graduation, didn't even wait for him to come out but hurried home, quickly ate some dinner and were back on the road by 5:30.

Now let me slow it down. Bethany and I left our kids with our husbands for the day in order to be with our brother for his graduation. Would you believe that that was the first time I have ever left my girls for more than a few hours. (I did leave Kimber when we went to Disneyland, but we still had Addie.) It took me a few hours to get used to the silence and to stop looking over my shoulder to check on them, but I quickly got used to it and it was a nice to have a little time to do my own thing.

There were a TON of kids graduating (I have heard numbers between 700-1000) so it was held at ASU. See that blur? There he is accepting his diploma.

On the way home we saw this. It cracked us up. What people will do.

1 comments:

RPH said...

That car is so great! Only in Arizona.

And geesh! what a graduating class. That is huge!