Friday, June 12, 2009

One Woman's Trash is Another Woman's Treasure

Give me some paint, some fabric, and some staples and I will have myself a few new pieces of furniture. Oh how I love garage sales!

$5! I have already painted it and now just need to add a seat.
$10. It's aready hanging in my girls room. You can't tell but it stick out about 4 or so inches from the wall. And it's upside down in this picture.

I splurged! I called Jared to see what he though and he told me to do it and that we could work on it together. I spent $40 on this bench (it is marked $50). It will go at the end of our bed. And in cause you are wondering, you put a round pillows at each end.
$10. I think I am going to go back to see if she still has the other two.
This vintage-ish looking bowl- a buck. (It really is a bowl, not a plate.)

And a little bonus- I have had both the easel and the platter for ever and just haven't found the right thing to do with either of them.

Until now.

I'm really not a doily person but it's from my mother in law so I though it was a thoughtful touch.

5 comments:

Lyndsay Winters said...

We should really be friends. Every single thing in my house was a free or nearly free item that I refurbished to my liking. Isn't it fun!?

Ashby said...

You are the yard sale queen! I wish I had a more creative eye like that.

The Varo's said...

cute, cute, cute! i'm glad you explained about the bench and the round pillows...i was wondering.

RPH said...

YOU ARE A SUPER HERO YARD SALER!! Come to my house! Cute stuff. cant wait to see that bench refinished that will go at the end of your bed.

Meli said...

that is so awesome! i wished you were closer so we could do projects together!! youll have tot ake pics of where you put these things and how they ended up!! !please please!