For as long as I can remember my parents have gone on a date every week. If they couldn't go on Friday, they would choose another night. They always went no matter what. I always knew it was important but sadly I didn't make it priority for me and Jared until recently.
A few weeks ago we decided that we would have a date night every week no matter what. We usually try to have some sort of date but the girls always came, defeating the whole purpose of the word. Plus, I didn't want to do the work it takes to find a babysitter, prepare the house and the girls for the night and then pay her. But after the last few weeks of doing just those things, I have decided that that time away is priceless! It's not always an exciting date but it's always fun and we enjoy being alone.
And would you believe me that every date night Jared asks if I want to see a movie? I bet you know what I tell him. Um, NO! But last night I had a slight change of heart I decided to give in. But instead of going to the movies I talked him into picking one out and buying it. I mean, it would cost us just as much to go to the movies as it would for us to pick one out and buy it.
So we searched and searched and finally came across Fireproof. I have heard of it and our Bishop highly recommends it, but to be honest I thought it looked cheesey. We bought it anyway.
And guess what? It was cheesey! And the acting wasn't anything to win a Grammy over. But the movie itself was great. I think that every couple (no matter how strong or weak their marriage might be) should watch it just once.
0 comments:
Post a Comment