Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Colorado // Saturday

I really slacked on the picture taking on Thursday and Friday.  I ended up in town twice on Thursday. Once to grab some groceries and again to pick up a prescription.  Ben prescribed me some penicillin for strep.  Thank goodness I caught it in time and it didn't become full blown strep throat!

Jared showed up at about 2:00 in the morning on Saturday.  I waited up for him then laid awake in bed until almost 4:00 tossing and turing until I finally fell asleep.  I had so much on my mind and the middle of the night is the only quiet time I get to think.

The next day we took a Ranger ride until, you guessed it, it started pouring rain.  So we headed off to add another chapter to Adventures with Jared.  I wish I could remember the name of this place.  It was a manmade wooden above ground ditch.


Look at our chins!  She had my chin!!  I've never noticed that.

 We then made our way to Silverton and Ouray.  Both beautiful quaint little towns but a bit too much of a white knuckled drive.  This is the view coming into Silverton.  And this is also where the guardrail stopped.
The drive was Ouray was terrible.  Nerve-racking to say the least.  Jared is a good driver and I'm confident in his skills but even he was nervous.  The road had no gaurdrail and dropped off completely.  Straight 1,000 foot drop offs!  Thankfully the little town was cute.  I kind of felt like I was in the Swiss Alps!

 Ouray is known for their Hot Springs.  I couldn't believe how many people were swimming in 45 degree weather!  I talked to some of them and they said that pool was over 90 degrees and the jacuzzi was over 100.  Still, I can't imagine swimming around in warm water with a bunch of strangers and their warm bodily fluids.  Blah!


0 comments: