Monday morning we headed to town. We did a little shopping for a few necessities then hit up the Fish Hatchery where they had the most fantastic {free!} wildlife museum. I'll be honest, I was sorta freaked out the whole time but I acted cool so no one would catch up. Thank you Richardson Genes!
This elk had some freaky looking antlers. Apparently, it had a hormone problem which caused its antlers to grow wrong.
They had a variety of animal pelts. Everyone but Kimber and Colton stayed away from them. Here is Kimber petting an elk pelt.
The kids LOVED feeding the trout.
After the museum? We took the walking path to the river. It was a very muddy river but a great view.

That path les to the park where the kids played for bit. Cities like Durango, that are so outdoor and family friendly, make me sad that we don't live somewhere that is more like that.
The kids had been such troopers so we found a frozen yogurt joint and treated ourselves.
By the time we headed back to the cabin everyone was pretty wiped out. Vacation can be exhausting!
That night we had a talent show for FHE. Colton's talent was eating a banana then "sharing" it with his sisters.

My talent was smiling. Because moments before I wasn't! I was running around crazy and trying to meet everyone's needs. It was chaotic and I was grumpy but everyone lived. I don't let my girls wear short shorts or tank tops around or sleep in them, but at this moment I was just glad we had all come together!
Kimber's talent was shadow puppets.
Addie lip synced a song on the staircase.
She really got into it!
Last of all, Lucy arranged cards.
0 comments:
Post a Comment