I tease Jared that the only things he can cook are pancakes (Bisquick mind you. Who can't use that?) and steak. He just doesn't like to cook. One time when we were first married I begged him to have dinner ready for me when I got home from work. I learned quickly that that probably wasn't wise and never asked again! He browned some hamburger, added frozen broccoli and cauliflower and served it with tortillas. It was interesting to say the least. Since then I have done all the cooking. I don't share that to embarrass him but because we have since laughed about it and he admits it's not his thing.
Well the other day we were talking about his cooking (or lack thereof) and I told him I hope nothing ever happens to me because my kids are either going to die of starvation or McDonald's overload. Really I know that if it came down to it he could do it but it would take some learning.
Fast forward to tonight. We're driving home and got on the subject of my sister Annie's cooking. I bragged that she is a great cook then Addie says that Annie is the best cook in the whole world. Jared quickly said "what about Mom? Isn't she the best cook in the world?" Addie quickly backpedaled and agreed. Then Jared said "what about me? Am I not the best cook in the world?" Addie's reply was priceless. "I bet your Ramen is pretty good."
I love my kids. They keep things real.
Sunday, October 30, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment