Sunday, October 23, 2011

Addie's Accidental Solo

Today was our ward Primary Program. That is a special sacrament meeting where all the children ages 3-11 sing the songs they have learned through out the year and each child recites a phrase of some sort that has something to do with what they have learned during the year.

Kimber was asked to say something she was thankful for. She said she was "thankful for gardens that give us food." Addie's line was "Through the restoration of the Gospel and the Prophet Joseph Smith we received the Book of Mormon which is another testament of Jesus Christ."  Both of the girls said their parts perfectly. They spoke slowly and clearly.

Addie was also asked to sing the second verse of "I Wonder When He Comes Again"  as part of a quintet.  It was Addie, another little girl named Taya and three boys.  Addie practiced and practiced but kept mixing up the words so when this morning came and we were cramming in one last practice as she got her hair done I was thankful to know Taya would be there.  Taya is a sweet little girl with an amazing voice but at the program practice yesterday her voice drowned out everyone else.  I figured if all else fails no one would hear Addie because Taya would be the only person anyone could hear.  But to my surprise we got to Church and Taya wasn't there!  She was home sick.

When it was time for the song Addie proudly pranced up to the microphone.  And I mean right up to the microphone.  I was sitting on the stand behind her with some other kids and I dropped my head and thought, "oh no!  This could be really embarrassing!"  I though surely the chorister would move her back but she didn't.  I made eye contact with Jared (isn't it ironic that the one time in the last four years that he actually gets to sit in the audience I have to be on the stand?) and I cuuld tell he was having the same thoughts.

Then the song started and Addie began belting out the words.  She was the ONLY one we could hear and amazingly said all the words right and stayed on key!  I was so proud of her.  Her hard work paid off!  Our Aunt Jeanie came to Church to see the girls participate in the program and her face was beaming.  Sweet little Addie had no idea she was singing a solo but she nailed it!

Good job Add!

1 comments:

Heather Evans said...

Only Addie, that girl loves primary and I think its so cute.