In September Lucy and I were able to fly to Wisconsin to spend a few days with one of my best friends in the whole world, my sister Bethany. They are living there for a few years while her husband finishes up medical school.
After arriving in Milwaukee and making my way through the airport I finally saw my sister and felt like crying. I was so excited to see her, I can't even explain! It had been far too long.
The drive to her house was incredible. She lives just over an hour from the airport and I have to say it's one of the prettiest hour-long drives I have ever taken. The green fields, red barns and farm houses were amazing.
Once I got to her house it was so fun to see the kids. I haven't seen her two older kids in over a year and they had grown so much. They instantly fell in love with Lucy and she was thrilled to a have all the attention for once. Her youngest, Hyde, and Lucy are only three months apart and it was so fun to watch them interact.
Lucy also loved the backyard. It seemed strange to me but no one has fences. I don't think I saw one single fence the whole time I was there. Everyone takes care of the their lawns and is respectful of other people's space.
On the 24th Ivy celebrated her third birthday. She became my little sidekick while I was there. She has a Minnie Mouse voice and says the cutest things. I miss her so much!
Later that day Beth and I took a walk around her neighborhood. The scenery was beautiful and the leaves were beginning to change, making it even more pleasant.
Getting away to see Bethany was quite the undertaking. It took massive preparation to leave my family for almost a week but it was all worth it (including trying to teach Jared how to do a ponytail. That deserves it's own post). Beth is a wonderful hostess and hardly let me lift a finger the whole time. It was a far cry from my usual life as the only real responsibility I had was to care for Lucy.
Now that I know things won't completely go to shambles while I'm away, I'm already thinking about my next getaway.
Friday, October 14, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






2 comments:
I am so glad you were able to go see her! I hear you on the ponytail thing. Hair is the only thing Keith can't do when I am away.
UMMMM.....Kobie Jo. Your hair!! Its so fantastic! I just chopped mine off and looking at yours is making me think of crying. Its so darling!!!!!
Post a Comment