Thursday, October 27, 2011

Dramatics


Addie never ceases to amaze me with her dramatics.  She is such a sweet little girl and is the biggest help to me but there are times when I am not sure I know who she is.  Take yesterday for example.

I had made my girls popcorn and let them watch a TV show because I had a very important call to make which I knew would take a while.  After the show was over I was still on the phone and they were off playing.  I saw some popcorn on the floor and asked Addie to please pick it up.  That simple request turned my sweet little Addie into a crazy hormonal-like beast!

"You were just being so nice and now you are being so mean.  Why do you get mad at me?  You hate me!  You just said you hate me!"

I was totally caught off guard.  I had asked nicely for one simple little favor.  In fact I was especially kind because I had someone on the other end of the phone line listening to my every word!  And yet, he probably heard Addie's yelling(because she was yelling her every word) and assumed I had her by the hair of her head swinging her from side to side forcing her to pick up the popcorn.  All I could do was laugh and walk away.

A few minutes later Addie had the popcorn cleaned up but informed me she had left me two notes in the kitchen cupboards.  I was too distracted by my phone call and instantly forgot about them until I was getting dishes out for dinner.  Here is what I found-
"Mom is too mean.  You are the worst Mom.  I do not like you."


I was shocked!  Then I found this-
"Addie Kay Hatch.  Do not touch."
 She saw me find them and all I had to say was "Addie.  Why did you write this?"  The tears started flowing and she ran right to her room.  I have found with Addie that the worst punishment is to let her sit and stew for a bit before confronting her.

She came in and apologized and it wasn't long before I opened the cupboard and found this-
"I am sorry."



And my personal favorite-
"You can touch."

I debated on whether or not I should post this but Addie did genuinely apologize and learn a lesson from it and I hope someday she can look back and laugh.  Because I did!

3 comments:

Ashby said...

That's all we know here too! I totally had to laugh at this. My girls do the same thing.

Unknown said...

Sweet little Addie! We miss her!

RPH said...

ADORABLE!!