Monday, September 12, 2011

Between 8 and 10

I was out of the shower by 8:15 this morning and as soon as I stepped foot on the tile I heard Lucy crying from the kitchen.  I just knew she had climbed onto the table or counter.  Sure enough, I was right.  She was on the counter but this time she left me a little surprise.

 Just a bottle of homemade syrup I made the other day. 
It didn't take long and she found the beads.  She dumped them on the couch and carpet.  I'm just grateful it was the small case of beads.
Then she started in on the toilet paper.  Again.  Unrolling it is like her hobby or something.  Then it was the bathroom cupboards.  What would a day be like if she didn't try to completely empty them?  Then I found her on the counter again.  She had found the sugar bowl.  A little bit later my mom called.  I answered the phone and turned to see Lucy carrying a bottle of shampoo into the living room.  Thankfully I caught her before she could do too much damage.  Then it was the climbing game.  Climbing onto the table, climbing onto the counter, onto the coffee table.
And by 10:00 she was trying to escape-

This is just two hours of my day and just the things I can remember.  This is one busy kid.
I'm just thankful she isn't this busy-

1 comments:

RPH said...

Oh my heavens! Is that a can of paint those boys have? Makes our messes look like nothin' huh? I just posted a big ole messy picture. We must be thinking the same things these days! Wish you were closer, our girls could give eachother a run for their money!