Here's a little background. Silent Library is a show on MTV where six contestants play games of bizarre punishment. Each round the players choose cards and the one who picks the card with the skull and cross bones must endure the punishment. In order to earn money the players must remain silent while the chosen player endures the punishment. Easier said than done. Here's a clip if you want to see what I mean.
For our version of the game we had Jared, my brothers Brigham, Ben Travis and Taylor and my very brave little cousin Carrie. The players laid the cards out and Jared counted down. Each player chose a card and Travis was the lucky one who got to go first. Keep in mind that these challenges had to be completed in 30 seconds!
His punishment was Pretty Corn. He had to eat a cob of corn covered in lipstick. I wish I had been able to record it because it was so hilarious!

Ben drew the next punishment which was Chicken Scratch. Jordan had to scratch his back with a chicken foot. This is where I would have flipped out and quick the game!
Lucky Ben drew the next punishment as well- Excess Baggage. He had to fit himself into a duffel bag in. It was hilarious to see him squirm around trying his best to get inside.
The next punishment, Gone Fishing, was for Taylor. He had to wear a space collar for dogs and eat a box of Goldfish. Never seen anything funnier.

Carrie was such a good sport for the Stinky Cushion Punishment. The other five players had a whoppie cushion on their lap. One by one she had sit on their laps and deflate the cushion. Embarrassingly funny! And look how hard the guys are all laughing!
Next was Pool Time for Travis. He had to wear a pool toy around his thigh while it was inflated with a compressor until it exploded. It was so loud when it finally popped!
This next punishment was disgusting! It was for Taylor and called Toe Rings. He had to each Peach Rings off of Jordan's Toes. Taylor gagged his way through it and we all had a good belly laugh at his expense.

Puppeteer was my favorite punishment. Ben had to apply eyeliner and lipstick while having his hands moved by a Puppeteer, otherwise known as Jordan.

Bad Door is always a fun punishment, at least to watch. Taylor had to endure a punishment similar to this one.

The last punishment, called Farm Feed, was for five of the six players. Carrie got lucky. The players had to eat a yummy spoonful for cat food. Each player had a different kind. It was so funny to watch them gag and try their best to get it down. They failed, understandably.

I can't get over how similar this was to the real show. Doug made a great librarian and every detail of the game was perfect. We all laughed so hard. Thanks for the laughs!














4 comments:
wish I could have been there! Sounds gross and hilarious all at the same time!
I would have DIED watching them eat that cat food! This is hilarious, and those clips you added are too funny!
Richardsons are crazy...gotta love them! What a hoot!
This is so so funny. I totally agree with G when she says you guys are crazy. I love your family!
my word is: crotten...
Post a Comment