Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Pedi's

Addie's first day was school was a huge hit!  Then the second day rolled around.  She cried and cried saying she didn't want to go back because it wasn't like she thought it would be.  I finally got out of her that she thought there would be more girls to be friends with.  Poor thing.  Everywhere she goes she is the only girl.  With the exception of a few girl cousins, she has never had a real girl friend.  We were really excited, thinking school might change everything, but once again she is outnumbered by boys.  In her class there are 6 girls and 12 boys.

We talked it over and were finally able to compromise.  I she would do good at school all week I would reward her with a pedicure.  She {along with Kimber} has been dying to have one ever since I came home with bright pink toes with black argyle diamonds.  I'm not one for bribery but since I was wanting to take them anyway, this was a great way to motivate!

It was a huge success! 

She did a great job!  She even made a few girl friends from the other Kindergarten class to play with at recess.  So after school that Friday we loaded up and headed for the Beauty School.  I figured you can't go wrong with a $5 pedicure, right?  Right.

The girls sat back and enjoyed their foot massages while Lucy slept snug in my wrap. 

Check out Kimber's toes!  Too cute!  They ended up costing $10, but come on, it was worth the extra charge.  The girl did a great job.

And then there were Addie's.  To this day I am still trying to figure them out.  But her sheer joy was worth way more than five bucks.
Let's just say it's some of the best money I've ever spent.  Talk about happy girls. 

6 comments:

RPH said...

Too fun! I could be bribed with a pedicure too.

Hope she continues to enjoy school.

And you are so lucky! 18 kids in her class!? The kindergarten classes here are pushing 40 kids.

Ashby said...

What girl doesn't love a pedicure! How fun for them!

The Varo's said...

cute toes! i love kimber's little piggies and i can't seem to figure out addie's toes either.

Travis and Allie said...

How fun! Man, you are a great mom! I can't wait until I have a girl to share moments like that with!

Anonymous said...

So cute! I'm glad they finally got to go. Pedicures are like the best things ever!

Lyndsay Winters said...

I'm laughing so hard right now. Addie's toes are hysterical. An Asian design maybe? Who knows. So glad her school experience is getting better.