Tuesday, April 21, 2009

It's a good thing...

Jared is a good guy. Jared Hatch, I mean. Jared Michael Hatch. He's our cousin that lives in the same town. Since he and my Jared share the same name we're destined to confuse people. You probably already are.

I think every one in this town knows the other Jared since he grew up here. Any time someone asks who my husband is I'll say Jared Hatch, but I quickly follow with a "but not that Jared. The other Jared Hatch." We've lived here long enough that people know them both by now and understand.

Both Jared's worked together at the same company for a while and eventually started going by Jared A. and Jared M. because it got so complicated. Sometimes we will get each other's mail because their PO box is 174 and ours is 714. We lived in the same ward for a few years and can you imagine how confusing it was when my Jared got called to be the Young Men's president and a few weeks later they called Jared Hatch to in the Elder's Quorum Presidency? Of course, we knew it was the other Jared.

That is just a small taste of the confusion we have had in the past but I think yesterday's experience takes the cake.

I was pretty surprised when I got two statements from our health insurance yesterday, as we haven't been to the doctor in a long time. When I opened the first statement and started reading I was so confused when I read about a well baby visit and an office surgery. I thought that it was a mistake for the visits I had taken my girls in for a while back and for the tetanus shot that Jared had to get last August for his run in with a barbed wire fence.

Then I glanced to the top and read the name Max Hatch. He is the sweet new baby boy that belongs to the other Jared and his sweet, sweet wife, Mindy. You see, when Mindy had their first little one she asked me about my Pediatrician and ended up going to him. I had no idea that a few years later they would consider Max our child. You see, they added him to our policy and now Atena thinks we actually have a boy in this family. They sent the confirmation page so it's official. But as sweet as Max is and although I made him a little firefighter and baseball blanket when he was born, I'm really not interested in paying for his health care.

And would you believe it if I told you that it was less troublesom and way easier to get it taken care of (or at least start the process of taking care of it) by speaking with the people at Aetna than it was to talk to the billing people?

PS- I love ya, Mindy! I consider it a compliment that they would mistake me for you.

3 comments:

RPH said...

Oh my! that would be confusing! What a funny story!
I have a sister in law named Maegan. So we are Maegan and Raygon (same last name) I thought that was bad, but this DOES take the cake!

ps will you post your recipe for your tortillas? or e mail it to me? thanks!!

The Varo's said...

HAHA! Funny stuff. While I was reading it I thought, "I bet it was a mess to try to clear up!" Of course the billing people would have a problem with it. That's one of my biggest pet peeves. I am still waiting for $200 I over paid the perinatalogist...9 months ago!

Newman Family said...

Totally funny! How confusing!