We just got home yesterday afternoon from a fun filled week in the Valley. Here's the breakdown.
The Good
My Grandma loves to play games! Every time you go to her house she will say "You wanna play a game of Yahtzee?" Or whatever game she is in the mood for. It might be Skip-bo, Phase 10 or Farkel. She is so fun to play with because she gets to excited. I love to tease her that she is a cheater. She's not, but some how she gets A LOT of Yahteez's! Like 5 in one game one time.

On Friday I picked up my friend Monica with her twins and we headed out to Casa Grande to see our friend Gina. We had so much fun visiting and catching up. Plus, the kids were too cute.

On Saturday my Grandma invited all the girls to lunch. The only person missing was my oldest sister, Bethany. It was fun to laugh and eat, two of my favorite things to do. My mom is behind the camera so she isn't pictured. Heather and I laughed when we saw this picture because it looks like Grandma is saying "word to your mother" all gangsta like.
One of my worst pet peeves is when people eat chips with their mouths closed. I know it's the polite thing to do but I would rather see crumbs falling from your mouth than have to listen to you crunch them like you have a microphone in your mouth! Let Heather demonstrate. This chip is made up of about 40 individual ones. A chip crunchers nightmare!
We had Sunday dinner with my parents and afterwards sat outside and chatted. My favorite thing to do at their house. I also got to hang out with a few of my favorite people.My cool little brother, Taylor.
My Dad. Always love that. Notice his shirt? It's a Sneezy Boys shirt, courtesy of my sister, Heather. They are a couple of Apache Indians from the San Carlos Reservation who are surprisingly talented. They basically steal other people's music and perform it without permission. I don't think they understand the word "copyright." Seriously. My family loves them and I think it was a proud moment for my dad when Heather gave him the loot.By the way, if you read the link about the signed CD and wonder why every sentence ends with "nick-o-dee," it's something the lead singer says on his radio show. I think it means okay. I think.

Back on subject. I also got to laugh at this kid. He's so nerdy and makes me laugh. He's my cousin, Derek. He also asked me to take his Sr. pictures. We'll see how that goes. I hope he can smile better than this.
Next. Addie enjoyed some good conversations with her Dad. She looks like she is the one giving the advice here.
The best part of everything for my girls was being around cousins. Michael and Tara's kids are so fun to be around so my girls were in heaven. Addie and Raife played so good. He was even nice enough to play Barbie's with her, although he swore he didn't like it.
I love this little guy. Cameron is so sweet. He and Kimber had such a good time playing on these things together. (Whatever they are called.)



I loved it when my girls would crash at night. (Thanks AGAIN Savannah for giving up your bedroom AGAIN for us!)
Ahhhhhh, flip flops. And no cold toes. Heavenly.
Before we headed home yesterday I took my girls to the mall to play on the toys while we were waiting to got the hospital to meet.....

The Bad
First of all- Kimber had yet another ear infection. Thankfully I have good sister in laws. It was Friday afternoon and I was suspicious that she had one so I had my brother, who is in Med. school check her out. He said it was so I planned on taking Kimber into an Urgent Care Saturday morning. My two sisters in law (who are also sisters) would not have that! They called their brother up (who happens to be Kimber's pediatrician) and explained the situation. I talked to him about it more thoroughly and he called in a prescription for us. Life savers!!!!
The freeways. You forget they exist when you don't use them on a regular basis. Thank goodness for the new 202 though. It's such a time saver and it's never jammed.
While driving into the Valley I followed this guy for quite a ways. At first he was bothering me but I suddenly found myself wishing I was him. It looked so fun.
But I was so glad not to be.....
I love this little guy. Cameron is so sweet. He and Kimber had such a good time playing on these things together. (Whatever they are called.)



I loved it when my girls would crash at night. (Thanks AGAIN Savannah for giving up your bedroom AGAIN for us!)
Ahhhhhh, flip flops. And no cold toes. Heavenly.
Before we headed home yesterday I took my girls to the mall to play on the toys while we were waiting to got the hospital to meet.....

this little munchkin. She belongs to my brother Ben and his wife Briana. She as cute as a button and as sweet as can be. She also has 5 big brothers to protect her.
The BadFirst of all- Kimber had yet another ear infection. Thankfully I have good sister in laws. It was Friday afternoon and I was suspicious that she had one so I had my brother, who is in Med. school check her out. He said it was so I planned on taking Kimber into an Urgent Care Saturday morning. My two sisters in law (who are also sisters) would not have that! They called their brother up (who happens to be Kimber's pediatrician) and explained the situation. I talked to him about it more thoroughly and he called in a prescription for us. Life savers!!!!
98 degrees! Yuck! That's too hot for April.


Along with that warm weather comes this. A/C, and not just A/C, Max A/C! I'm a whimp!
The freeways. You forget they exist when you don't use them on a regular basis. Thank goodness for the new 202 though. It's such a time saver and it's never jammed.
While driving into the Valley I followed this guy for quite a ways. At first he was bothering me but I suddenly found myself wishing I was him. It looked so fun.
But I was so glad not to be.....The Ugly
I know that I am probably going to make some of my friends mad, especially those who are Arizona natives but I have to do this anyway. Also, I must tell you that although I took these pictures while driving, I did it safely!
Although I have lived in Arizona all my life and spent over 20 years of it in the desert, I have never liked it! I don't like cacti, I don't like sagebrush, I don't like palo verde trees. Give me lush green grass, tall trees and flowers like tulips and daises.








2 comments:
it was so much fun to see you and g and catch up!
poor kimber! i'm glad you have the hook up with dr. daryn. you're probably glad you didn't go to urgent care anyways...next time i talk to you i'll tell you why.
your grandma is such a cute little lady!
and i think the desert is u-g-l-y too.
Kobie, you kill me that you dont like that AZ desert scenery. I miss it like crazy! I do like tall trees and flowers and stuff, but that comes with snow and cold weather, which I DONT like.
Your kids are too cute and I love all the fun you have with your grandma! The beginning of this post made me miss mine even more that I already do.
Glad your back! Cant wait to see the projects you post!
Post a Comment