On Friday we stocked up on eggs to color. It was all Addie could talk about! I told her that when she got up in the morning we would color them and she didn't let me forget it! She woke up bright and early asking to color the eggs. Jared and I kept telling her that she would have to wait for Kimber to wake up and it was all we could do to keep her from going in to their room to wake her. It was like Christmas morning! Once Kimber finally got up it was time to get coloring!

Kimber was more fascinated with the wand than anything.
And the end result? A whole bunch of brightly colored eggs that we will never be able to finish eating. We have eaten some whole (I eat the whites and Jared eats the yolks for me. Eating an egg yolk is like Fear Factor for me!), made potato salad and will try to finish them up in the form of deviled eggs tonight. I won't be partaking.
The girls were so excited when they woke up Easter morning. They quickly found their baskets and started to delve into the candy.

Thanks to Aunt Yvette we have it coming out our ears. I bought two bags for my girls because I knew Vet had them covered. You see, each year Jared's Mom did baskets for everyone. Jared's Dad wants to keep the tradition going so he assigned Auntie Vet to get baskets together for everyone. She did great!
And would you believe that Wal Mart didn't have one single bag of Jelly Beans? So instead the girls got eggs filled with M&M's (which they would prefer anyway) and coins. 
As soon as my girls found their baskets I sat them down and talked to them about the real meaning of Easter. It's one of my least favorite holidays because it's so commercialized. What do bunnies and baskets have to do with the resurrection of Jesus Christ? I considered not even doing baskets but felt it would be okay as long as we explained the true meaning behind Easter.I talked to them about how fun it is to find out baskets, color eggs and eat candy but that that is not what Easter is all about. We need to think about Jesus. I explained what the word resurrection means and I think that Addie actually got it!
After church my sister and her family came over, along with my friend Jenn and her son (her husband had to work so she didn't have anyone to enjoy Easter dinner with) for dinner. We had a feast of ham, scalloped potatoes, salad, corn, pistachio salad, rolls and raspberry swirl for dessert. Mmmmm.
I was a little nervous about the ham because it was a fresh one that we have had since we bought a pig to be butchered. It wasn't cured and I wasn't sure how to cook it so I researched a few recipes on the internet and got creative. I rubbed it down with brown sugar, dumped a can of coke over it and added pineapples with the juice. I was pleasantly surprised with how it turned out!
After dinner we had an egg hunt. My nephew, Soren and I hid 63 eggs in the backyard and within .5 seconds every egg had been found! (By the way, thanks Jenn for supplying the Jelly Beans! And most of the eggs!)




3 comments:
"and" is spelled wrong! that'll bug me if i don't try to fix it.
such cute girls! liahona has the same basket as kimber. it totally fits them! bethany is as beautiful as ever adn that little ivy, what a babe!
Super cute and super fun! It was so fun to have you and Monica and all the kiddos together the other day! We have to do it more often.
Post a Comment