Wednesday, March 18, 2009

A little bit at a time

Since I need a break from the Spring Cleaning and rearranging that I am doing I decided to update my blog a little bit. There is so much to write about so I am going to do a little here and a little there.

First of all, birthdays! Since Addie and Kimber's birthdays are only 5 days apart it's a constant party around here for about a week! I think that between the two of them we celebrated at least 4 times. I love to drag birthdays out as long as possible so I'm not complaining.

We celebrated with Jared's Grandma and Grandpa Miller, then with my sister and her family, after that we went to the Valley and celebrated with my family and finally partied with Jared's family. Addie and her Uncle Michael share a birthday so it was a great excuse for everyone to get together.
The party with Bethany. We celebrated with them the Sunday after her birthday.
First of all, can I just say that I love these girls?
The presents. I know now why every birthday included a junk food box. It was because my Dad did the shopping! I sent Jared to the store for presents and he came home with every type of junk a little girl could want: gum, pop rocks, suckers, fun dips and more. He also got her sand toys for the sand box she got. More to come on that.
The game. My nephew, Soren also made a cute little game, Pin the Fishtail on the Fish. The kids loved it!
The cake. Yeah, as far as that goes...judge for yourself. I had these great plans to make this awesome rainbow cake but time was running short and I was missing some of the ingredients (poor planning on my part) so I had to come up with something. The result?

A rainbow cake (or a white cake mix with gel food coloring) with homemade chocolate frosting and crushed Butterfinger's (stolen from the pinata) on top. Desperate times call for desperate measures, but it actually tasted great!
Now on to the family party with the Richardson's. (More on that here.) We kept it really simple and aimed at the kids. I let Addie choose a few games to play and she picked musical chairs, Don't Eat Pete and hot potato. Even though this kid may not be quite 2 he took the cake and won the game! He was a hoot!
We also did a pinata and presents (although everyone was instructed NOT to bring presents. My girls have enough and it's too much to ask people to bring presents for more than one kid. My philosophy anyway.)



Yes, those are my glowing white legs! I wish that I could use the excise that it's winter at my house, but unfortunately I think my legs are this white all year long. I've just quite caring.

And last, but not at all least is the party with the Hatch's. I wish I would have taken a picture of the food. In one word: DELICIOUS! Steak, salmon, baked potatoes, fruit salad (muy excellente, Vet! One of the best I have ever had!) and garlic jalapeno bread (mmmm, so bad for you but so tasty!).


Addie had been eyeballing this cash register for a few weeks and was so happy when she unwrapped it! It is no longer a cash register though. She uses it to check out her library books.

FYI Tara, these pj's are a total hit at our house! They would wear them every night (and day for that matter) if I would let them. Kimber carries the wand around as well. Thank you!!!

5 comments:

RPH said...

Your girls are so cute. Love all the great parties! Love your shorts (I am jealous you can sport a pair in March!) Love your apron. Love the jammies too! Looks like you guys have had a lot of fun together!!

Meli said...

what a fun party!! could your girls get any cuter!! youre a hot mama and where do you find the time to do things like fixing up old pics, esp your husband's gma's old pics. i cant even scrapbook my own childre3ns. move over here! i need inspiration@!

Maren said...

man, happy birthday to them! that is so fun to have them within a week of eachother. well, it may be fun now but i hope it is fun as they get older too. and i love the blind fold you used...a tie! great idea.

Newman Family said...

What a blast Kobie! You are such a fun mom!

The Varo's said...

happy birthday to those cutie girls!