The first few months were very hard. She would come to my house crying and telling me she was going to quit. He was mean, he was obscene, he was....well, out of his mind. And Edith had no experience caring for elderly people.
She stuck it out and eventually she and Grandma became best of friends. And she became part of our family. That is where I want to take this post today.
Edith left Mexico about 25 years ago. She left in hopes that she could get a better paying job in the US, then send money home to her family to help support them. Her mom is over 90 years old and she has many nieces and nephews there.
During Edith's stay with Grandpa, she became very attached to my kids. Mexicans just love blonde headed little kiddos! "Aaaddie, Keember, Lutchie, and Poppi."
We tried our best to be missionaries to her but she didn't show much interest until Grandpa died. She was very touched at his funeral, which we held in our ward building. A short time later she started meeting with the missionaries but still wasn't interested in committing. One day she asked, "Kobie, do I need to give them an answer right now? They keep asking me if I want to be baptized. What is the rush?" I assured her that there was no rush, because really, what difference would a few days, weeks or months make in the eternal picture?
We invited her to Kimber's baptism and the very next day, she called Jared and asked him if he would baptize her! I guess she just needed to see it for herself.
About five months later she received her Patriarchal Blessing. I was so honored that she would invite me to join her.
Two days after that, she went to the temple for the first time to do baptisms. It was so special. She is such a humble lady and that was evident in her reaction to the beauty and sacredness of the temple.
On her 61st birthday (April 14th) Edith will become an endowed member of the Church. I am so thankful for her example, diligence, desire to do good and for the special Aunt she is to our family.| Edith learns to use a selfie stick. Pretty hilarious. |
![]() |
| Edith's 60th birthday. |
| At the family party she threw for Grandpa Miller in 2014. |
![]() |
| Edith and Poppi. |



0 comments:
Post a Comment