Have you seen this?
A few weeks ago it was a particularly hectic night. Jared was leaving for meetings, the kids were wild, I had a lot to do, the houser was a disaster zone and Colton was ready for bed. In all of the chaos I decided I would long for days like this when my kids were gone and Jared and I were all alone. With that thought in mind, I grabbed my camera and snapped a few pictures in order to remember the fabulously ordinary moments of my life as a mom.
Lucy had laid on the floor and played dolls. Later her and Kimber got out a few art supplies and colored. Kimber seems to think this is the dumping ground for shoes, jackets, etc. after school.
The chair found a home on the coffee table. I love how the shoes are placed so perfectly.
My room became a playground.
Lucy decided it was a good time to dump the change cup and had money-smelling hands. While they were cleaning it up Kimber found a pocket knife and decided it was wise to open it up. She ended up with a cut and me running to the store during all of the chaos for some bandaids. I bet it's the last time she plays with a pocket knife.
This little guy was neglected. Thankfully he took my shoe out of his mouth and replaced it with his toy elephant.
My kids love forts in creative places. This time they draped blankets, piled boxes and anything else they could find to make a fort in my shower.
You know, as crazy at it was at time the time I am glad I photographed it. Looking back it doesn't seem so chaotic, it actually looks like fun!





0 comments:
Post a Comment