Lucy's birthday was approaching and she had eye on this Fur Real Cat-
Creepy and expensive but she really wanted it.
Well, a well meaning family friend asked Lucy what she wanted for her birthday and she said she wanted a cat. So, this man took it upon himself to find her a cat alright. A real cat. A cat that was quickly named Minnie.
Let me just say I was less than thrilled and I am sure that everyone around me knew it. I was ticked, no I was furious! Who gives a child an animal without first asking the parents for permission? It ruined my day and I told Jared we had to get rid of it right then. I kept using the pregnant excuse but no one would listen to me. Needless to say, thanks to Jared who allowed my girls to bond with the animal, the cat stayed. I wouldn't touch it, feed it, look at it, anything. Ultimately i told the girls that if they wanted to the cat then the litter box was their permanent job and that the first time I had to touch it, the cat was history. Unfortunately, they don't mind the duty and clean it every time I ask, often twice a day. The cat was litter box trained instantly and I have never had to clean up any type of mess from her.
Sadly, she is not a problem at all so I have had no reason to give her the boot. She spends most of the day and a night here and there outside and doesn't cry to come in. She sleeps in the laundry room with the door shut with no problem and doesn't shed.
I've decided that if this cat lives through the torture of my children then she deserves to live. It's not uncommon to see Lucy carrying her by the neck (I did put an end to being carried by the collar) or hind legs but Minnie doesn't seem too bothered. She never scratches or bites unless they are playing and even then it's very gentile and she never uses her claws.
Any time I tell Lucy to leave Minnie alone and will tell me "but I lub her." And sadly for me, I think she really does.
Having her head squeezed and eyes poked
Being held. And held. And held.
Being forced to dance.
Being squeezed to death
Being dressed in underwear
Being poked and prodded with pencils
And force fed paper








0 comments:
Post a Comment