Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Nature Day

It's getting difficult to come up with fun ways to keep my kids busy this summer.  I feel like we've done it all from Disneyland to another year of summer classes to playdates and so on.  Honestly, I feel like I've run out of fun juice so my ideas of keeping the girls busy are quite lame.

Last night I came up with the idea of taking them on a hike.  It would get us out of the house and let us see new things.  I got all pumped up about the idea and when the girls woke up this morning I delivered the news, fully expecting them to jump for joy.  Instead, they gave me the "that doesn't sound fun, I don't want to go" replies.  But, I had my mind set that we would be going so I packed a lunch for each of us and piled them in the car.

Our first stop was Pintail Lake in Show Low.  I knew once they got out and into nature they would start enjoying themselves.  And sure enough, I was right!





 The girls had a great time watching the ducks and listening to the sounds of nature.  For a mom who doesn't particularly enjoy such things, I felt like it was  a huge success!

On our way back to the car we spotted this-



We decided to drive back towards Taylor and find a place to picnic in Shumway.




 These girls rarely want to model so when they started striking poses, I was a snap-happy mom!


0 comments: