My little Kimbie turned five on the 28th of February. She started her count down at least a month early and every day reminded me, many times during the day, how many days were left until she was finally five. I think she was expecting some type of physical change when she woke up on her birthday morning but to her surprise she woke up the same ol' Kimber. Just one day older.
Around here birthdays are all about YOU. You choose each meal, you get to relax and skip your chores and you get all the attention. I offered to make Kimber anything she wanted for breakfast. I offered all kinds of stuff but in the end she chose a bowl of cereal.
Since her birthday fell on a school day she took a treat to her class. She chose No Bake Cookies, her favorite. Her teacher sent her home with her favorite snack, popcorn and M&M's and some cutesy hair bows. She's a great teacher and really made Kimber feel special.
For dinner we again offered her anything she wanted. She is so easy to please. All she wanted was a bean burro from El Cupido's. Aunt Jeanie and Uncle Kenny ate with us. It was simple but lots of fun.
Kimber could hardly wait to open her presents. She hardly ate her food but rather stared at her presents like she would suddenly get x-ray vision and the contents of her gifts would reveal themselves.
I love my little Kimbie. She keeps things real around here. I love her honesty, her compassion and her sense of humor. Can't wait to see what this year brings for her.
We started a new tradition this year for birthdays. On the weekend closest to your birthday you get to join mom and dad on their date. You get to choose where we eat and what we do. Kimber got lucky and had two dates. We didn't have a chance to take her with us when we actually should have so on her actual birthday Jared took her out. She chose spaghetti and meatballs at a little Italian restaurant. I thought that would suffice but she made it clear that she needed a date with both parents so she got go with us this past weekend.
I remember having daddy-daughter dates with my date and how special I felt. I saw that same glow in Kimber and realized I needed to make those dates happen more often. We snapped a quick picture of the two of us while Jared was talking with some friends.




1 comments:
Can't believe she's 5 already! Time flies. Happy Birthday Kimber!
Post a Comment