The birth of every baby is special but Lucy's is one that I would actually repeat. No joke, I would go back and do it all again in a heartbeat. Partly because it was the easiest delivery (not labor, Addie gets major points for that one) and partly because I want her back to her little 7lb 12oz body.
I haven't shared these pictures before because I felt like I didn't look my best, but a year later I'm sharing part of the best moments of my life. The look on my face is probably the same one most women have after birth.
Funny little story first. You know these mom's that looks all glamorous after giving birth and have these rockin' outfits in their pictures? Well, that is never me. With Lucy I wanted to get a cute picture with my new one wearing something I could be proud of. Instead, everything went so fast that I was lucky to be wearing anything, even if it was one of Jared's old ratty t-shirts. I remember telling Heather while I was about to give birth that I wish I was wearing something better. She told me something along the lines of "you're ridiculous, now let's have this baby".
And why do we insist on photographing poor babies when they are just minutes old? Kimber just saw this picture and said "ooooh. Mom, who is that baby?"
But I love her and want to squeeze her more and more everyday.
Happy Birthday Luc!
Saturday, July 9, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




2 comments:
I'm glad you shared this pictures! I, on the other hand, will probably never show the pictures of me right after I had the twins. I was a hot mess. Happy Birthday to Lucy, the cutest baby in the world!
I still can't believe a year has passed already. I swear it was just yesterday I came to see you two at the hospital. Happy Birthday Lucy!
Post a Comment