Our holiday started on Friday night, the 1st of July. Annie came to Taylor and Jared's sisters family also came up to celebrate. My girls, Jared and their cousin Rhett all crashed on the lawn in the backyard.
You know it's the 4th of July when you see sleeping bags scattered all over everyone's backyard.
It's a town tradition to blow the anvil at 4 am sharp and wake up the town. As hard as you try you cannot sleep through it so you might as well get up and join the festivities. I even broke my number one rule and woke a sleeping child. Yes, Lucy joined us and by 5:00 we were out the door in the parade of people following the anvil. Sadly in the eight years I have lived here this is the first time I joined the hundreds of crazy people who parade around town honking their horns, throwing water balloons and watching the anvil blowing.
The kids piled in the back of the truck and had a great time.
By 7:00 breakfast we over and the kids were asking to go next door to Uncle Marion's house to throw water balloons.
Saturday also happened to be Marlene's birthday so the kids and I went to the cemetery to do a little decorating.
Then it was off to Grandma Miller. By that afternoon the Kimber and Rhett were zonked out!
I'm so glad the Fourth only comes once a year.
0 comments:
Post a Comment