Sunday, October 10, 2010

Lucy's Blessing

 We finally had our sweet little Lucy blessed today.  It was a busy weekend preparing for all of the company, but it turned out to be wonderful!  I know what a sacrifice it can be to travel for these types of occasions so I am grateful for all of our family who made the trip.


The nice thing about having a family gathering like this is it forces your husband (dare I say my husband) to finish a few of the projects around the house that need to be done.  Jared spent Friday afternoon and most of the day Saturday painting my crown moulding and and trim.  He also finished a few other things I have been "patiently" waiting for him to get done. 

I'm really not one to enjoy entertaining other people.  It stresses me out beyond belief!  But for this weekend I decided I was going to make it as easy on myself as possible.  I kept my menu fairly simple and tried to sit back and enjoy everything and everyone.  And as much "enjoying" as I did I also kept myself so busy that I didn't snap one picture!  Thankfully we did get a few quick family pictures, courtesy of Ashby. 

You've gotta love the scowl on Kimber's face.  I had just grabbed her shoes out of her hands and tossed them into the grass.  You would have thought I took a pair of scissors to the straps!  Nevertheless, we have a few pictures to remember the day. 
Looking at this picture has confirmed the thought that Addie and Kimber need major haircuts and I need some serious highlights!  This is what happens when your sister moves and you have to start paying to get your hair done.  You stretch it out as long as possible!

3 comments:

RPH said...

ohhhhh....your new blog layout is adorable!

and your family is so cute! glad you had a good time. just so you know, we are in the same boat about getting stuff done around here. I wait "patiently" like you do, then Andy gets in a mad scramble when something big happens!

love you! I didnt even notice anyones hair, I think you all look great!

Ashby said...

It was so fun to be up there and to spend some time with you. I so wish we could have visted longer!

The Varo's said...

oh! the girls are getting so big! i think you guys need a vacation...to hawaii. like soon! i miss you too much.