Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Pedicures

Last week I took my girls to the salon for haircuts.  While we were there Addie saw a little girl getting a pedicure and couldn't take her eyes off of her.  I asked her if she would like to get one and of course the answer was yes.  So yesterday we pulled out the lotion, polish, clippers and all the pedicure stuff we could pull together and gave each other pedicures.
She loved soaking her feet in the warm, soapy water.  I rubbed and lotioned her legs and feet, then trimmed and painted her nails.  Before bed last night she told me how much she loved it and that she wanted to have a pedicure everyday.

I was next.
Addie gives great foot rubs and I was not about to turn her down.  My feet have been horribly swollen the last few days and my Dr. told me to try to take it easy and keep them up.  On Monday night they were so bad I could barely bend them to walk.  This morning I was happy to wake up to a normal foot size.  Maybe a foot rub was just what the Dr. ordered! 

It wasn't long before Kimber joined us and wanted to paint my fingernails.  This is what I got.

5 comments:

Our Family said...

That is a scary hand photo. That belongs in the scary story book!!

RPH said...

So cute! I love the fun things you do with your girls.

KJH said...

You're right Heather. That is way creepy!

Ashby said...

You are a much nicer mom than me. I won't let me girls go near nail polish, let alone paint my nails! Does Addie hire out? I need her to come my feet when you guys are down in the valley!

The Varo's said...

this picture is lacking a rose or even a fanned out bunch of twenty dollar bills. then you'd match the pictures on the walls of "jenny nail".