Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Family Campout 2010

This weekend we headed out to my Grandparents ranch for our annual Family Campout.  Although it's only a 45 minutes drive for us, I still wanted to camp out with the rest of the family.  To make a long story short, it didn't work out because of trailer problems.  I was feeling really sad until after a hot and dirty day out at the Ranch I stepped into my warm shower. I still wish it could have worked out, but it was still an enjoyable weekend. 

Jared spent the weekend on an excavator helping my uncles extend the leach line for the septic.  I wish I would have gotten pictures of them working, but between visiting with family and keeping an eye on my girls, I missed out on a lot of good pictures.

My grandparents have a posterity of over 200 so when we get together it's a huge undertaking.  There is always an abundance of food, people and good times.  

My girls had a blast with their cousins.  They played with their immediate cousins and even met a few new ones.  They were in heaven to actually have girls to play with.
 
They had lots of fun stuff to keep the kids busy as well.  They had a great time trying to break the pinata-
 
And painting plaster of pairs molds.  It's a tradition that we've had since before I can even remember.
  And besides keeping the kids busy, there was lots of fun to be had with the older cousins.  

I love my boy cousins.  I call them the Lost Boys.  There is a group of them that are all about the same age and they are always having a good time.
The highlight of the whole weekend was the ride my Dad took me and my girls on in this beast.  A 1947 Chevy Fleetmaster.  To me the lack of beauty adds to its character.
Somehow my Uncle came across this and thought it would be a great Ranch Ride.  I love the sound it makes and how it makes me feel like I've stepped back in time.  Before leaving the Ranch on Saturday night my Dad and his brother drove up to our camp in it.  I had to laugh and tell him that it looked like one of those clown cars where the clowns keep coming out.  I think I counted at least 7 grown men piled up in there.  I wish I could have gotten a picture.

1 comments:

RPH said...

That car is awesome! I cant believe what a huge family you have. Sounds like fun!