Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Deals of the Day

I wouldn't consider myself the best bargain shopper, I'll leave that title for my sister in law, Briana.  But, I like a good deal. Here's the deals my girls and I picked up today.
(Sorry for the blurry picture.)

2 boxes of 36 leis (still trying to figure out why I bought them, but 50 cents for each box?  I just had to.)
4 tubes of toothpaste
1 package of newborn diapers
1 Huggies wipes refill pack
2 Loreal eyeliners
1 Ace Comb (they are the best!)
3 things of sunscreen
2 wreaths (just waiting to become a project!)
1 package Hawaiian skewers (I feel a luau coming on)
2 Axe deordorants
2 Dove deodorants
2 Crayola Explosion coloring kits (for the church bag)
1 bug scrubber (it's part of Jared's father's day gift)
1 Pictureka flipper game
3 painting craft projects
2 Velvits (another craft project)
2 packs Avent pacifiers
1 package Always pads (post baby stuff)
1 package handy wipes
2 Crayola Wonder pads(again, for the church bag)
 1 Digorno Deep dish pizza
1 package Kool-aid Fizz
1 package lunch meat
1 package Ritz (nasty looking) crackers (for our Emergency kits.  I would never eat something with that long of a shelf life!)
(The above four things were free.)

You see, a few weeks ago I bought some stuff on the Internet and 4 of the 6 packages arrived today.  2 came last week.  The rest of it are things that we picked up today while out shopping.  There are a few food things that we would normally NEVER buy but they were free and I thought they might help hold Jared over while we are away.  I bought the crafts for my girls so that after I have the baby they can have a few projects to keep them busy.  Addie has already been begging to do them.

If I had to estimate how much I saved I would say close to $200 and I only paid $46 for all of that. I had to buy some of it anyway and I would have probably spent at least that on what I needed, so why not throw in some fun things while we were at it?

3 comments:

RPH said...

That is quite the haul! Awesome!

where do you get the deals on the games and craft stuff? My kids love those color wonder pads (and I do too) for church. But they cost $7 - 10 each! What site do you watch for the deals? Or is it strictly coupons?

The Varo's said...

i love the wonder pads (not the "always" kind...hahaha!)too! since they are so expensive i keep them until liahona and levu color all over the page before i throw them out. i'm cheap, i know. stuff is so expensive here, i went to the store yesterday to buy s'mores stuff and spent $65, it'd be great to be able to save on some things!

Unknown said...

Great deals! We'll have to go shopping together!