Sunday, November 30, 2008

Cousin Party

In my family, we have "Cousin Parties." The Richardson's are a little crazy. When we get together it's tons of noise, food and laughter. This weekend with my girls and their cousin, Kennedy was no different. Since we were going to be down in the Valley over Thanksgiving weekend anyway, I offered to keep my sister's little girl while she went hunting with her husband. It was non-stop fun the whole time! They had a ball!
I couldn't believe Kennedy and Addie. They were playing Dr. and once I caught on to what exactly was going on I had to take a picture. They were taking turns having babies! One of them would lay across the recliner with their feel hanging over the side. Then they would put a doll in their shirt, cover up and get their heart rate taken. Thankfully, that is as far as it went.
(Can you see the baby in her shirt?)

The new moms.These chairs were set up for the people that were coming to see the new baby. Where do they get this stuff? Girls, I tell ya. Their first visitor.They had a great time playing in the bath together. There was tons of splashing and high pitched screaming going on, but I was able to somehow drown it out.
And after the bath they got to lay on the bed and watch a show for a few minutes before getting dressed.
My sister's house is ALWAYS spotless. Thankfully she has a playroom where they could go and totally destroy it and it was all contained in a small space, rather than all over the whole house. After looking at this picture more closely, I realized this was nothing compared to what I cleaned up before they went to bed that night. They can destroy in no time!

Kennedy had a victory on Friday night, (I won't go into it, but believe me, persistence pays off!) so as a reward they all got to have their toes painted. (Heather, I forgot to let you know that Kimber stepped on Addie's freshly painted toes and then stepped on the rug. That's where the nice little pink nail polish spot on the rug came from. I guess the paper towels under their feel just wasn't enough. Sorry!!!)
They also had a great time playing with the Play-Doh out back. I would rather smell cow manure all week then have to take one whiff of Play-Doh so I was thrilled to let them do it outside, away from me.
These are just a few of the things that we did. I can't possibly name, let alone remember everything. We had a great time! Thanks for letting us help, Heather!

1 comments:

RPH said...

Oh wow! That does look like a lot of fun!