
While I was sewing it (which took about 1/2 a second, such a small sacrifice) I thought about the mom who will put it on her little newborn. It made me feel all warm inside thinking about it. I truly take it for granted that when I have a baby I have it so easy. I get to the point where I feel like it's "just another appointment" and it's so routine. I never think about the women whose lives could be saved by having the same good, quality care. I take it for granted that when it's time to have the baby, I jump in the car and head to the hospital only to be catered to by nurses that are assigned just to me. I'm sure they would give anything to have the same treatment.
Then I thought about that little newborn. I am so blessed! As soon as my babies are delivered, a nurse soon takes over and puts them under the warmer, making sure they are healthy. My babies recieve follow up care, they have too many newborn items to name and they are taken home to a warm and comfortable home. It's been a real eye opener.
Thanks for the idea, Raygon!
2 comments:
Good for you, Kobie! That is such a great idea! If I had a sewing machine I would totally do it. Could I do it by hand, do you think?
I'm also wondering, did you see that "Help Baby Mia" from a blog you saw on mine? The mom of Mia is a friend of a friend. Just wondering.
Yea for you Kobie! woo hoo! If you have not already finished, here is a tip, you can use the sleeves of your hubbys bigger shirts as caps too. Just round them off, dont include the knot at the top. Like a beanie. They go so fast huh? Unbelieveable that such a small sacrifice on our part can help people out so critically.
I love that you did this! And how cute that you put a little bow on them. You rock.
Post a Comment