Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Something Halloween-ish

Well, we finally did it. We finally did something Halloween-ish. I just can't get into it this year because I know what's coming- winter! And I am totally dreading that.

Yesterday Addie and I made cupcakes for some of her friends, big and little. She suggested everyone and they ranged from my friend Jenn's little boy who isn't even 1 yet, to Addie's 8 year old friend Hayley, to Jared's Aunt Jeanie and Uncle Kenny who are in their 60's.
They were nothing special, just chocolate cake mix and store bought frosting, but then we added orange sprinkles, a spider ring on the top and a flag with each persons name. Then we made the deliveries. Addie wanted to do it all by herself. She took each cupcake to the door, rang the doorbell and then gave her friend their cupcake. We delivered 13 in all and she did just about every one of them all alone.



We topped the night off by going to the Pumpkin Patch. The girls had a ball! We weren't able to make it until after dark so we had to make it a quick trip, but they loved it nonetheless.





This is the only picture we got of them together- as hard as we tried. So memorable.

3 comments:

Our Family said...

Kimber's face in the last photo cracks me up! That girl is a hoot.

patrice stanford said...

I wish you had brought me one too!! What do you do at a pumpkin patch? I never heard of one before this year and EVERYONE is going to them. LOVE YOU GUYS!!

Meli said...

what a neat idea to bring bupcakes to ppl. ill have to do that! although we dont have any friend yet. did i tell you we moved to idaho falls? anywho, great pics!!